Monday, April 20, 2009

Friends-Part 2



Anjana, (I never quite got around to writing you a testi so I’ll make it up here instead) the one person whom I can love and hate at the same time. The one person whom I can talk to for hours and still not have enough. The one person whom I can sit with in complete silence and then start a sentence only to have her finish it. The one person who can listen to my crazy philosophical theories without her eyes glazing over and then actually agree with me. The one person who can talk as much as me and listen as much as me.The one person who continually drives me crazy with her extremely convoluted dealings of extremely simple problems. Very brilliant and very lazy and with no time sense at all. Hates my driving and is convinced that someday I’ll end up getting us both squashed into roadkill under some lorry. Says she keeps seeing final destination omens whenever she sits behind me but most of the times she’s got no choice:D. the one person who loves romantic comedies as much as me. Some of best memories in these last few years are those long drives with her and those walks together and sitting in my room for hours together, alternately talking and not talking while the light changes outside and the shadows deepen and her mom starts calling on my cellphone.

 There are friends and there are friends. And there’s Bhavya. My oldest friend (or is it longest?). On the serious side, she’s the most level-headed person I know, though she doesn’t look it. Hardly ever gets carried away, always makes the right decisions, never gets caught up on the spur of things, all of which are unlike me. I’ve never ever told you how much I admire you for that or in how many ways you’ve influenced and inspired me but I hope that some day when you’re feeling down, you’ll look at this and remember how much joy you’re capable of giving to those around you. My accomplice in crime and hair-cuts.  My learning partner. My co-director in imaginary blockbuster movies. My sight-seeing partner. The butt of all our jokes whenever we go to movies together. Center of attraction in theatres especially during very serious, nail biting, edge-of-the-seat-thrilling scenes. My ultimate critic. Hates over-sentimental dialogues. Always popular. Never seems to get around to getting me a gift although she pulls me along to select gifts for all her other numerous friends ( I think she does it on purpose to torture me). Lazy, brilliant, very ambitious and very very helpful. One person you can always count on no matter what. One person I’ll really miss if and when she settles abroad.



Then there are the friends who broke my heart. People whom I never managed to fully understand and I guess who never fully understood me. Those whom I’ve hurt and those I resent for being able to hurt me. I never could understand that quote bout how if you really loved something, you’d let it go. I’ve never been able to fully let anyone go. Someone once told me it wasn’t because I was wrong or the others were right. It was because I was different. I was too fast and the world was too slow for me. I guess he was right but then even he never understood me at all.

 

Many more have influenced me in so many ways. I can never list them all out for what they’ve done. Bemi, Reva, Sangi, Zamsi, Gp, Divya Subu (my namesake), Haripriya, Vetri anna, Rd who never shrinks from the road not taken, Anpu who’s very gutsy, Reni who is always cool and one of the few people who’ve really impressed me for precisely that reason, Arthy, Deepi, Bd, Kirthika, all the girls in my class. I’m really sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Its not that I’ve forgotten you or that you’re not important to me. You may not know it but you’re the reason I am what I am today. I know I may have hurt you either unintentionally or otherwise. But that doesn’t make me love you any less for the part you have played in my life.

 

With Love,

Divya

7 comments:

I AM~~ ME said...

u missed me. :-( i'm not ur closest. still u cant afford to miss me?cud hav jus mentioned may...no explanations...and....ok...i'll control :( :( :(

Divya said...

oh no no may.... how can i 4get u. u were de 1 who inducted me into blogging in da 1st place:)

Unknown said...

"Ur one person whom I can love and hate at the same time"..so true!!u kno me in n out!i never had 2 tell u things..u knew everything!i don ve 2 tel u hw much i value u!u kno t urself!

I AM~~ ME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

a separate blog jus for friends. shiff. touche touche..
they need nothing else to let them know how special they are to you, right? =)
good job sd!

Harish said...

ton ta ton ta ton ta toin...toda toin

Anonymous said...

whoa twas sooper shweet!!!!
*super tight hugs*
luv ya loads =)