Friday, January 14, 2011

Nothing interesting. Go back to sleep.

I try to avoid writing these days because a)it takes up a lot of time and b)it leaves me drained at the end of it. So now since I am already drained I thought I might as well go and write since I can hardly do much else anyway.

I actually wanted to write about something important but I cant remember what it is so I'll just do the usual Divya thing and write about nothing.

I hate choices. I hate having too much of them. I just realized after coming here I like being spoon fed. I like being told what classes I have to take. I like on campus recruitment. I like going to the super market and finding exactly 3 brands of cereals and only one I like. I like not having 20 varieties of tomatoes and every other conceivable vegetable/fruit/whatever. I like my life neatly planned and packaged like the one I thought I would have until a couple of months back. I dont like having to get up from my bed and turning on the heater. Oh was that relevant?

Anyway, while I have learnt to enjoy this indecision and this not knowing, it still scares me that none of us (except me of course) are happy with the choices we made. Everyone seems to be dissatisfied, almost everytime I call a friend back home I hear cribbing and frustration. I refuse to believe that the rest of our lives will be this way when the best part of our lives is only just beginning. For my own sanity's sake, I want to believe life in the corporate world is the light at the end of this tunnel and not another endless tunnel, like the one my friends are making it out to be. I want to believe that careers can be stimulating and fun and satisfying too (maybe not all of the above but hey money is always a good substitute). But everyone around me, including my dad, seems to be not-so-happy with theirs. I can understand the case for my parents. Hey, they've been working in the same place for the last 20 years. Its acceptable if they get bored. However it is not, if you've only just joined and are bored already.

I know, because I was there, that all of us took what seemed to be the best decision at that point in our lives. So yeah maybe now we realize that is probably not what we imagined it would be, but so what? Its just temporary. So why is everyone so pissed off all the time?

I know all of you are probably shaking your heads at the isolated-from-the-real-world-princess in LA but hey I am only just asking so I can get a better picture. So we made choice without really understanding it. So what? We understand it better now. And we are still learning something out of the whole experience so it is not a total waste.

Whatever.

Anjana's bday last week. I actually didnt go to the suprise party because I was pissed with her over something and I had lots to do too. But realized at the last min (a couple of hours before her bday ended) that I would regret it forever if I didnt spend the next couple of hours with her. Ok that was a little dramatic but I would have definitely regretted it, for a long time. So I caught the stupid metro in stupid rush hour and stupidly stood half the way. But I guess it was worth it. If not for the doing nothing, just for the 'thank you for coming' mail I got the next morning.

I am going to make.... suprise.... Pongal for Pongal. Wish me luck!

Am in a state of sensory deprivation after my ice skating adventures. I cant feel the lower part of my body at all. And also some random upper parts too. But falling and making a general fool of yourself is a good character building exercise. Ah! What will we do without character building!

My heater is getting too hot now.

I have nothing more to say.

Bye. Visit again.

2 comments:

popsie said...

Yes, the whole magnitude of having choices to choose from for someone who is indecisive can be traumatic. I can so relate to it. Yes, life is a phase filled with multiple phases, so just live it to the fullest (easier said than done).Btw, love the way you could write a post on NOTHING! :)

Divya said...

Yes, I am an expert at nothing. If you want to learn about nothing you should so come to me!