Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The first of many blog tweets

I wonder how many years grad school has taken off my life. Not just the best two years of my youth but all those years I am going to lose off my lifespan from all the stress and excessive caffeine I have been exposed to. I wonder why no one warned me that grad school would drain your blood and suck your soul and drag your lifeless body through the streets before dumping you into the sewer. And then poke me in the eye and wake me up and tell me I have a degree and a job (we can always hope!). And I also wonder if the idealistic me that tends to resurface early mornings when the sun is out and the coffee is fresh and the music is fast and there are no deadlines in the horizon would have made a different choice. And if my mom would have let me anyway.


P.S.
To increase productivity, I made my friend change my facebook password and let me only use it once a week. I have to admit it makes me feel like an addict checking himself/herself into rehab but, hey, it works. But now I want a place to showcase my quirky/witty thoughts. Which is why I'm here. And which is why you'll probably be seeing a lot of micro blog posts (No, I am not on Twitter) in the coming few weeks or months if i manage to hold out. Watch this space for more.


No comments: