Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The gold and the glimmer


Sitting in bed, sated after a nice dinner of rotis and what was supposed to be gobi manchurion but didn’t quite manage the trip to the heaven of deep fried gobi goodness (but which still tasted so mmmmmmm), warm mocha coffee inside me making me feel all fuzzy, sitting in bed and listening to Dashboard Confessionals sing about stolen hearts , smiling to myself at having successfully survived 2 deadlines, several emotional upheavals and 1 crying jag of the past week, I feel at peace. I feel like I have reached the middle of the storm. I can hear the rumbles behind and I can hear the rumbles from the yet to come and they sound their deepness around me, darkening the space they touch. And I know that when I close my eyes and open them again, I will have to deal with the life I shut out for a few minutes’ peace. But in the midst of all this whirling, I rest for a while, snatching at a fleeting contentment. Tomorrow, I will deal with life. Tomorrow. For tomorrow is another day.

No comments: