Thursday, May 5, 2011

Give me a world of hellos. A world without goodbyes.


It’s tough being an adult and dealing with adult problems and taking on adult responsibilities. Its tough to miss out on friends’ weddings. Its tough to deal with grandpa sized holes in the universe. Its tough to represent a family’s hopes and dreams. Its tough to have to smile and show up for project discussion meetings when life as you know it is imploding in on itself. Its tough to have to explain why you have to make the decisions you make when you’d rather not make them at all. Its tough to take it all and deal when all you want to do is shut out the world and sink into sleep.

Priorities shift and rise and fall. And crumble like dust under the traveller’s feet. And Life takes its course. And Time leads me, dancing in its wake. And I follow. With only faith and with music, and the salvations of everyday that keep us going.  

2 comments:

Pesto Sauce said...

You know one of my songs I often heard as a child growing up was "Duniya main hum aaye hain to jeena hee padega, jeevan hain agar zehar to peena hi padega....."

Now I understand that many people around had seen lot of life

Divya said...

I think all of us have. Some just write about it. People continue to suprise me. You find layers and layers if only you care to dig.