Monday, June 20, 2011

Life on my terms. Almost.


Sitting in my high bed in my new place in Pleasanton, with my new roommate asleep next to me, warmly fed, still full of laughter, I feel weirdly at a loss for words. What can I write about? My life seems so ordinary and yet not. Everything is so new, but nothing is so exceptional that I write about it. My mood on an average is happier, though I feel restless. I am not used to sitting 8 hours in one place and that still needs getting used to. But apart from that, I am happy. I am so happy, that I am scared for the happiness. I had an awesome end to my quarter. I am doing something I love. My new roommate is a familiar friend from an old life and she just discovered my aunt and her dad are family friends apart from our parents going to college together and a lot more double degree separations or rather connections. I have the usual twinges of irritation that comes with having to adapt to a new place and a new lifestyle and I miss LA, but life on an average is above average. A lot. So lot that I cant even think of something to write about except that I am happy. Just happy. This minute of my life to just appreciate the fact of my happiness. Things still go wrong, things still mess up every once in a life, but they dont shake my universe and skew my day the way they used to. I have a conviction and a confidence I have lacked for the last couple of months. And a day that does not spill onto tomorrow. A google task list that is close to empty. Aahhh, after months of holding myself in knots, I can relax and let go. So life becomes Laiiiifffeee! And every word becomes a conversation. And smiles last longer. I even think i have the people in my life figured out for now- the good friends, the friends, the people who interest me but I dont like, the people I like but bore me and the people who are not worth my time. The boundaries seem to be sharper than they ever were for me, but right now, I dont care. I have become self sufficient with my little support system of friends, that I know I dont really care about the others who drift in and out of my life. And so in this little valley by the bay, I live out my bubble, pushing it to see how far it would go. It hasnt broken yet.

No comments: