Saturday, June 4, 2011

I always have a tough time naming posts


I am now blogging while I wait for my simulation to run. It seems to me that I always blog while waiting for stuff to happen. In this case, its waiting for my 5000 sample simulation in simulink to finish running. While I have a lot of respect for Matlab, I just cannot stand how slow it is in cases like this. My simulation has been running for the last 3 hours and I have to increase my sample size all the way to 150000. God save my sanity!

My life has been going pretty well for quite a while. After months of not getting any internship calls at all, I am being flooded with them now. I cant believe I am actually saying no to companies. I am in the kind of happily irreverent mood that if there was a hill, I'd climb it and yell 'So long you fuckers' or something of that sort. My projects seem to be going decently well (except for the 150000 sample part), I havent fought with any new people and even if I have, I dont really care, my India trip is almost confirmed, one of my closest friends is getting married and I am pretty sure I'll make it, I found a college friend to stay with during my internship period, I found a friend to sublet my apartment the time I am gone, I am convinced my friends have lost their mind to a new GRE-MS-money bug going around but thats their problem, I am working on some more Internet Drafts and I have BIG plans for summer. Finally life seems to be working itself out, like it was doing all along while I wasnt noticing. And oh yeah I am learning Kannada from my friends. I learnt to say 'I am hungry', 'I want food', 'I want water', a couple of swear words (son of a bitch and whore) and some weird phrase that actually means "Father-in-law talk to me and then go hang on mango tree'. Clearly I can survive in Karnataka. Now thats one big sentence but those are some of the things that have made me happy in recent times.

On the serious side, people and their inner wells of strength that they call upon during tough times continue to surprise and amaze me. One of my best friends is in Atlanta for her internship and she's staying with her friend who seems to have suddenly metamorphosed into a crazy psycho freak. She (my friend, not her friend) has been cribbing about staying in that place for a week when all of it culminated today with her calling me in tears after being left alone in the middle of nowhere in a strange new city by the b***h after they had a fight. That girl (my friend's friend, not my friend) so needs counselling. I am proud of my friend. She managed to find her way to somebody-else-we-know's place all by herself with no real money. Ha! Way to go! If and when you ever read this sweetheart, you know how proud I am of you for surviving this personal crisis. I dont know very many people who could have done this and I am so so proud of you for it.


I seem to be hearing a lot of stories of inner strength of character these days. And it makes me so proud to know the people that I know. And also a little scared of the demons that people hide, and what they are capable of.

But in this mood of sunshine and unicorns, I dont want to think about dark things. That shall be for another day. I have to go to my project mate's house to work on my 'Energy efficient job scheduling for MapReduce' and have chocolate icecream left over from my friend's bday party celebration. Ahhh! This has got to be the good life! #OneRepublic \m/

No comments: