Saturday, June 4, 2011

No time is a bad time to blog

I have a presentation in a couple of minutes and am suffering from a case of mild jitters and none of my friends are up in gtalk to distract me, so I thought I might as well write a blog to distract myself. Everytime before a presentation, I have this recurring day dream of how my peers would be so enraptured by my presentation that they ask curious questions to increase their knowledge about the wonderful idea I am presenting and I would dazzle them with my knowledge and witty replies but in reality, they often stare at me in a glazed stupor and I talk to the few people and the walls that are not engaged in a battle over angry birds and pigs with helmets and what not.

Which leads me to recurring day dreams. I have several, that I choose like a costume for my mood. I have one where all the people I hate to varying degrees and all the people I want to impress are congregated in one place and are talking about mundane things while I sweep into the room in a sexy outfit and dazzle all of them and then walk away to deal with better things. Another one is where all my friends come home and I cook something nice and exotic for them and I dazzle them with my domestic goddess-liness. Yet another one is I do some ground breaking research for the US government and so every time there is a National Security threat (insert other events of great gravity), they call me to ask for my advice and my friends are all dazzled by my my part in saving the world and how I am on first name terms with the Secretary of the State.

As you can see most of my day dreams involve dazzling people. Yeah! Thats just me! The attention seeker. I have a simple uncomplicated relationship with attention. I like it and it likes me. We hold hands and flirt all day and have candle light dinners by night. If only my other relationships were this simple...!

P.S.I just found this post in my drafts and completed and published it. 
P.P.S. My presentation went very well and 'kicked ass' in the words of my friend. People asked a lot of interesting questions and said they loved my notes on the topic. And that they loved my flow. Aaahh the dazzling!

No comments: